Thank you so much for your interest in Read With Me, A Children's Book & Art Shop. We love to support authors, poets and illustrators who help us to see the world in a fresh and brilliant light.

Book Selection

“How do you select your books for the shelves at Read With Me?”

We carefully curate our books and our book selection criteria is strict and thoughtful. We carry only high-quality, diverse and contemporary children's books, from ages 0-17. Most books have been professionally reviewed. All of our books are displayed face-out so cover art must be outstanding, original and of professional quality. We primarily carry hardcover books. We do not carry books on consignment. Currently, we only purchase books published by a major publishing house or their imprint. 

“How can I submit my book for consideration for the shelves at Read With Me?”

Is your book a good fit for Read With Me? There are literally thousands of books for us to choose from and buying is a very personal decision that we make. If you feel that your book meets our standards for selection (see above) and you would like your book to be considered for our store, please either email or mail a copy for us to review. Do not send us an Amazon link to your book. We currently are unable to offer feedback on your book or information regarding publishing or editing. Our mailing address is 111 E. Hargett St #110, Raleigh NC 27601. Review copies will not be returned. Full text PDF's of books may be sent to us through email at christine@readwithme.us. 

Book Readings, Signings & Celebrations

In our region, there is tremendous competition for family and author events. In order to give your event the attention it deserves and have the best chances of a great audience turn-out, we have the following guidelines for book signings.

  1. All authors - Please email a full text copy of your book to christine@readwithme.us or mail a physical copy to our mailing address: 111 E. Hargett St #110, Raleigh NC 27601. Review copies will not be returned. Be sure to indicate that you are interested in an event in your correspondence. DO NOT SEND US A LINK TO YOUR BOOK ON AMAZON. 

  2. Major press authors - please email christine@readwithme.us so that we can coordinate calendars. We will need marketing materials for social media and to hand-out to advertise. Please make sure that Read With Me is included as a destination in press releases for your book tour. Coordinating with another author or illustrator or having an extra component to your signing is very helpful in raising attendance.

  3. Small press & independent press authors -

    1. $100 booking deposit guarantees your date. If you meet our event minimum of 15 book sales, your fee is returned. We will sell your books on consignment during the event for a 45% total profit split. The remaining 55% of sales profits will be mailed after the event. Depending on event sales, we may keep some signed copies on consignment at the same rate. We do not guarantee to keep your book on consignment after the event is over.

    2. Send us digital marketing materials, including images and printables, to use to promote the event and make sure to use your own marketing channels to advertise the event.

    3. We strongly suggest coordinating with another author or illustrator to help have a more successful event. The sales minimum and deposit can be split between authors.

*Please note that while we will advertise the event through our store and social media, we make no guarantee for the number of books sold or number of attendees at your event. Friends and family are usually the most receptive to these events and will need to be invited by you.

  • Our author story times and signings are held on Saturdays from 10:30-11:30. During summertime, weekday events are possible.

Food and drink, including alcoholic drinks, are permitted and we can help arrange any catering with Empire Eats or Bittersweet.

Thank you! Best of luck with your creative endeavors and we look forward to working with you!

Warmly,

Christine