Experience Unique Classes!
Interested in exploring your creative side? Join us for one of our exciting classes today!
Introduction to Cartooning
The new cartooning class aims to teach children and young adults the principles of cartooning, including learning the basic building blocks of drawing, character design, and storytelling. In essence, how to tell a story with images.
- Mondays- July 10, 17, 24, 31, Aug 7, 14
- for children age 11-14 (approximately)
- 6 session series, one hour sessions, 3:30-4:30
- $60 payable to www.paypal.me/readwithme
- Students will gain an introductory knowledge of drawing and the basic principles of draftsmanship.
- Students will explore how to deconstruct complex shapes, how to draw with their imaginations, and how specific images create specific ideas in the minds of readers.
About the Teacher:
Gabriel Dunston is a local working cartoonist born and raised in the Raleigh area. He has been writing and illustrating comics, kids’ books, and board games for himself and for clients for the past 7 years. He has several years experience and greatly enjoys teaching young people and spreading the love of comics and art.
For more about Gabe, you can check his homepage (www.FireLightsMedia.com) or find his videos on YouTube.
What story will you tell?
Learn how text and illustration work together to tell a complete story. Each lesson focuses on a different part of storytelling, building upon each session. By the end, a complete tale will emerge.
For children & teens ages 9+
Sept-Oct Mondays 6:30-7:30 PM / $100 for six weeks*
*Includes a bound book and celebratory “author” event at the end of the workshop.